Thursday, October 8, 2009

Why I'm taking back some of what I said in yesterday's title.

So I ranted about the state of News shows yesterday and even complained about where Keith Olbermann has gone. And then last night Keith devoted the entire show to Health Care Reform.

Granted. This is not NEWS per se, but it was a cogent and heartfelt presentation of why this issue is so damned important. It is one of the greatest arguments for liberalism I've heard in a long time.

I still wish that the 3 alleged news networks would do something constructive as networks, but this is a step in the right direction.
I attach for you, the last two segments of last night's show. The first, in which Keith relates one event in his father's current renal illness, quotes doctors and proposes a way of handling the capping of malpractice suits (a problem that accounts for a small fraction of healthcare costs, btw). He begins with an anecdote that reminds us what Healthcare is all about in the first place.



And then here, Keith reminds us that we do have some power in our hands in all this. He starts with how stupid we as individuals are about our own healthcare. He goes on with a personal story of an old friend, going right to the point. The absurdities of the current insurance offerings.



So, yeah, I will probably keep watching Keith. But I still insist that his bosses get their collective shit together as I ranted yesterday.

Thank you Keith. I hope your father continues to get better.

If you missed the show, here is where you can see it from beginning to end.

No comments: