Friday, March 12, 2010

My Anthem

I'm just a tad more than 2 weeks away from turning 48. This is why I'm going through this whole, what am I doing, where am I going ? phase. Unemployed now for over a month and doing interviews and trying to raise enough enthusiasm and salesmanship for jobs that just don't interest me enough for this much effort.

A lot of my life is a series of knockdowns and set backs. Still I am standing.

And that's why this song speaks to me so much. I've decided it's my Anthem.

Particularly these lyrics.


I'm at the borderline of my faith
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion
I'm at the frontline of this battle of mine
And I'm still alive

Also

I am lost
But I don't doubt
So I rise
I've the will to survive



Watch, enjoy the percussion that makes me sway in my seat, makes me march, 
makes me remember it's never too late.
When that annoying fucking ad pops up in the bottom, just bring your mouse all the way to the right and click, it will go away.



1 comment:

Will Shealy said...

Fantastic song. Really enjoying your blog, well done!