Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another week begins

This was a beautiful weekend of a dear friend's wedding which was awe inspiring but also a weekend that saw my already small class of students cut in half.

Something quite disheartening I can tell you. I do sometimes feel like I'm on this treadmill and the faster I run the faster I'm not going anywhere. Those are definitely my worst moments.

Maybe I'm also blue about George Carlin. But since I don't want this blog to turn into Funerblog, I will just say that his voice will be greatly missed and in his honor:

Shit
Piss
Fuck
Cunt
Cocksucker
Motherfucker
Tits


There, I feel much better now.

3 comments:

Ennui said...

RIP George

Anonymous said...

I'll remember Carlin whenever I watch any episode of Deadwood ... especially for that fifth word down the list :) Which also reminds me what a different media world it was when he started doing that bit.

Rahadyan Sastrowardoyo said...

I can thank Carlin for my very brief radio career where his FM/AM album served as inspiration when I was news director.