Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday Ramble: To be or not to be


It has been an oddly busy week. Mostly because I've chosen to get a few diagnostic tasks done with my old PC here. She's done me good service in the nearly 7 years I've had her and I can see the old girl is starting to fade. A tweak here and a tweak there seems to be keeping her going. No death panels for this girl. Only life sustaining measures.

Its possible that she will be my last PC. Possible. I am definitely migrating over to Mac but there are a few things I can only do with a PC, so a netbook might be in my future, as they are eminently affordable. At home I can start with a Mac mini. I'd like something portable and easily hooked up. I like to write and because of so many restrictions at work, I can't write there and have my work be anywhere but at the office. That kind of sucks. I also can't blog there as anything, ANYTHING remotely bloglike is blocked. And I do want to keep writing.

I think I'm supposed to keep writing. At least that's what one of the little voices in my head is telling me when I think about the second half of my life and what I want to do with it. I still want to be a paid, working actor. It still burns as a desire, and I'm starting to understand how my ADHD has played into my lack of a career. So I think I have to find a way to get both going again.

I understand there are now ADHD Coaches. People who help keep people like me get focused, remain focused and accomplish things. Like an airline pilot keeping his jet on course. I'm looking into that, thanks to an article my ex wife sent me.

You know, its entirely possible that I will have this all worked out by the time I keel over at the age of 120. Will I be too old to play Hamlet by then?

No comments: