Sunday, February 8, 2009

Watching The Watchmen

Back in the day....my brother was working for DC Comics and he was talking about this new graphic novel that he thought was amazing.

I hadn't been reading too many at that point. A few here and there like Frank Miller's Ronin, but mostly my interest in comics and graphic novels had faded.

Then I took my brother's suggestion and read Watchmen. It was the story about superheroes I'd been longing for for a long time. Every character had their own real personality and there were geopolitical consequences. The trailers are easily seen at www.watchmenmovie.com

Below are some brilliant promotional videos. I can't wait to see this. I'm worried, because overall Alan Moore's genius hasn't been honored on film previously (like the atrocious League of Extraordinary Gentlemen for one) but I remain hopeful despite being concerned that Night Owl isn't fat for the movie.




No comments: