Saturday, January 10, 2009

TV

Shows I'm looking forward to:

Grey's Anatomy (this past Thursday): I know, the storyline has gotten whacky, but I still enjoy it.
Supernatural (1/15): Very fun and irreverent horror stories with a compelling thruline.
Smallville (1/15): Terribly written, not well acted especially without the brilliant John Glover as Lionel Luther and yet, like Spike on the last episode of Buffy "I want to see how it ends"

Shows I can't wait to get started up again:

Battlestar Galactica (1/16) This is one of the best shows ever made. Not just as science fiction but as pure storytelling.
Big Love (1/18) In some ways a better mafia show than The Sopranos.
Fringe (1/20) Compelling, mysterious, conspiracy theory, great eccentric character. "It must be BLUE cotton candy" "why" "I loathe the color pink"
Lost (1/21) Some friends of mine gave up on this show in Season 3. I say it's their loss. (hee hee). I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show and its endless mysteries and last season really opened it up. I've got my daughter hooked on it too now.

Show that is premiering that I'm jumping up and down to see:

Dollhouse (2/13)Joss Whedon's return to television starring Eliza Dushku (my former guilty pleasure, now less guilty) and Battlestar Galactica's Tahmoh Penikett.

Shows I will miss:

Dirty Sexy Money
: It riles me that this show, which is clever, well written and superbly acted was never really given a shot while certain shows (see below) continue to suck beyond redemption and get full third seasons.

Shows I wish were eradicated:

Just watch this sketch from Robot Chicken. The last part says it all.



See you tomorrow

No comments: